We have copies available on reserve, and to check out.
There are two primary formatting styles that you will use while at Aiken Technical College:
1. APA-used in business-related courses and most sciences, including behavioral sciences such as psychology.
2. MLA-used primarily in English and other humanities courses. You may be familiar with this from high school.
Don't be intimidated by the rules. This guide will help you navigate and find answers to questions you may have about citing sources.
The Library Can Help!
is available at the Library!
Contact us for help with:
· Choosing and refining your topic
· Finding appropriate sources
· Evaluating websites
· Accessing our online resources from home, including subject-specific guides
· APA and MLA citation formatting
· Other research-related questions
Aiken Technical College Library
Room 1001, 1000/1100 Building
Zoho Chat: atc_librarian
Public Services Librarian
How the ATC Librarians Can Help You with Your Research
We can show you how to:
· Narrow down your research topic
· Decide which keywords to use when researching an issue
· Find a book in our online catalog
· Request books from other libraries
· Find newspaper, magazine and scholarly journal articles in our online databases
· Evaluate websites
· Find literary criticism materials
· Access our online resources from off campus
· Cite your sources in APA or MLA format (in the text of your paper and at the end)
· Create an annotated bibliography of your sources
· Find statistics and government publications